In this article, i will show you on how to test the internet broadband speed on your android smartphone using speedtest apps. Speedtest.net Mobile is a android version of the most popular broadband speed test on the internet. It’s use to measure the network speed on your android device.
Follow below steps to download the apps from Android Market
* Open Android Market on Your phone * Go to “Search” * Type “speedtest.net” in the search field and hit “Search” * Once you find the “speedtest.net” app, choose “Install” and follow the instructions
1. Once installed, click “Begin Test” to start.
2. Click “Restart Test” if you want to restart the network speed test.
3. If you want to change the server, click “Setting” then click “Change Server“.
4. Select prefer server location. Click “Select Server“.
5. Click “Result” if you want to see the test result and the previous result.
HTC has confirmed that they have released the Android 2.3 Gingerbread for HTC Desire HD and HTC Incredible S. If you see at HTC website, the build number for for HTC Desire HD is 2.36.405.8. But at the time i wrote this post, the current update is 2.37.707.3. Follow below stesp to perform update on HTC Desire HD.
1. Your phone will receive a notification of FOTA update when it is made available. Click Ok to proceed. 2. The size of this update about 100.99MB. It will ask you whether to proceed download or not.
3. After downloaded the software, you will be ask whether to install or discard the installation.Click Ok to proceed. 4. During The installation, Your phone will power off or shutting down automatically.
5. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the build number, 2.37.707.3. 6. To confirm the build number, follow these steps: From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Software number.
There is easy way to check whether your android install with latest software or not. Before start, make sure you have connect your android phone to internet using mobile data or Wi-Fi service.
1. Go to Menu -> Setting 2. Select on “About Phone” 3. Select “Software updates” 4. Check the box on the “Scheduled Check” 5. Click the “Check now” button. The phone will now checking the updates. 6. If you phone is up to date, this notification will appeared :
There will no update available for your phone
7. If System update available, you will be ask whether to proceed the download or not.
On this article, i will guide you on how to block a callers on android phone. This steps might be useful in condition that you want to block unwanted calls immediately instead of you manually reject the call. Please follow these simple steps to block a caller from making any call to your phone. This article assume that you are using HTC sense as an example. Please note that the steps might be different on other manufacturer such as Samsung and Sony ericson. But the basic should be almost similar. There are two options steps that you can follow:
Option 1 Steps: 1. On All Apps menu, click Blocked callers 2. Click Add caller 3. You can select from people ( which on your phone book) or just add the caller number (if you remembered the number) 4. If you select from people, click save to finish 5. If you add the caller number, click ok to finish
Option 2 Steps: 1. On All Apps menu, click Search people 2. Select the caller that you want to block 3. On the Block caller, change Off to On 4. Click ok to finish
This ‘Blocked Callers’ feature can be disabled as below: 1. On All Apps menu, click Blocked callers 2. Select the caller that you want to unblock 3. On the Block caller, change On to Off 4. Click ok to finish
ADW.Launcher, is a Opensource home replacement application. Meanwhile the ADWLauncher EX is a highly customizable home replacement application that require you to buy it before use. It’s beyond tweaking your android desktop.
What is a home replacement application? Is an normal android application that will run when you press your android phone’s HOME key. It’s usually what people know as the “android desktop”.
To download from Android Market, Please try below steps: 1. Open Android Market on Your phone and go to “Search” 2. Type “ADWLauncher EX” in the search field and hit “Search” 3. Once you find the “ADWLauncher EX” game, choose “Install” and follow the instructions
ADWLauncher EX VS ADW.Launcher
ADWLauncher EX is based on the ADW.Launcher opensource core with a lot of new enhancements features as below: a) 5 different app drawer styles/behaviors
3D Nexus One like application drawer
2 different plain vertical drawer styles, the “old one” and a new fast and smooth one
2 different Iphone-like horizontal application drawers, a traditional paginated one and a new one with continuous fling
b) Different desktop transitions: new animations while navigating through your desktop screens. Try them all, they’re crazy!!! c) New Icons configurations/look and feel: Tweak your desktop icons, change its sizes, add coloured backgrounds, change font size, color, etc! d) New fast presets mode: Quickly change the whole desktop configuration by 1 click! e) Editable desktop icons for applications, shortcuts and folders! f) A lots of code improvements
HTC is rolling out a software update recently for the Desire HD. It’s an Over the Air (OTA) update weighing in at 46.59MB and will bring up the software version on the Desire HD to 1.84.707.2. Unfortunately, this OTA update is not an Android 2.3 Gingerbread update as many Desire HD owners are hoping for. However, it will take your Desire HD with Android Version 2.2 came with Android Version 2.2.1. It’s purposely to improve the system performance and enhances the camera feature. Please follow below steps to update you Desire HD.
Got to Setting –> About Phone –> System Software Updates –> Scheduled check –> Click ‘Check now’ All the steps is exactly as below captured screens:
If there is updates available for your smart phone, it will bring you to below captured screens:
Click Ok. It will warn you regarding the mobile network connection. Ignore it if you are using unlimited data plan or wifi service. Click yes to proceed to download the system updates. After finished download all the software updates, you will be prompt as below screen: Click Yes to proceed.
Click Ok to proceed the installation. After the installation finished, the phone will automatically power off and shutting down. Then for a few seconds, it will automatically power on by it self and bring your Desire HD to Version 1.84.707.2.
Note : If you aware of the installation time on the captured screens, It’s only take approximately 30 minutes to perform this OTA updates.
TubeMate is a YouTube video downloader application on your Android smart phone to download YouTube videos. This application lets you download various quality of videos up to Full-HD There are two ways to download YouTube – TubeMate 1. Search Android Market
Open Android Market on Your phone
Go to “Search”
Type “YouTube – TubeMate” in the search field and hit “Search”
Once you find the “YouTube – TubeMate” app, choose “Install” and follow the instructions
2. Mirror download Download YouTube – TubeMate from Android Freeware servers, tested and virus-free.
3. Download Android SDK here 4. Install the Android SDK
Click Next to proceed.
Click Next to proceed.
5. After You click Finish –> Choose Package to install will appear. In this Step you just need to install Android SDK Platform-tools. Accept only for the first option and reject the other option. Click Install. [Step No 5. is optional]
6. Download the HTC sync here 7. Install HTC sync to get the correct Google USB driver works.
After completely installed the HTC Sync, It is optionaly whether to start the HTC Sync or not since the current purpose of this guideline is just want to get the Android USB devices installed correctly. All above steps works perfectly with HTC Sync version 3.0.5511 that was released on 2011-01-11.
For information, I have tried to install the Google Android USB driver using Android SDK manager as below screen captured but did’nt work. At the moment, the latest revision (revision 4) of this Google USB driver was released on December 2010. Its may be works on the future revision.
On the HTC Desire HD
1. Please go to Menu –> Settings –> Applications –> Development –> USB Debuging.
2. Make sure USB Debugging is checked.
Now you are ready to get started.
On your Computer.
Everything has been setup and we will proceed to capture the screen shots using the DDMS Batch File.This DDMS located in the tools folder of your Android-sdk-windows
1. Go to Program Files –> Android–> android-sdk-windows–> tools
HTC has officially announced that the update OS for HTC aria on their website. This Firmware update require the phone connected to the internet.
Update – HTC Aria (Android 2.2) Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update
Your phone will receive a notification of FOTA update when it is made available. Simply press OK to accept the update via a data connection such as Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Build number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Build number). The new Build number after the update will be 2.37.708.5. Update: Android 2.2 and HTC Sense update. Note?Please back up your data first before upgrading your phone. We recommend using a free Wi-Fi hotspot or an unlimited data plan to apply this update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply. www.htc.com
There are also the blog post over the net has told that this update is not for HTC Aria AT&T user.
The HTC Aria is finally getting Android 2.2 and all its goodness, or at least it is in Southeast Asia. Sorry AT&T users of the Aria, they still haven’t determined when or whether they will push out an AT&T Froyo upgrade to ease the suffering. The Froyo upgrade as we know brings many nice features and improvements, one of which is overall battery life and performance, along with HTC Sense as well. www.talkandroid.com
The HTC Aria Android 2.2 update is beginning to roll out. Unfortunately it’s not for those of you on the AT&T [T] network in the US. Instead, the HTC support page in Southeast Asia mentions that Android 2.2 is being pushed out over in that region in the form of build 2.37.708.5. www.gadgetvenue.com
Summary of Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update as below picture. Step 1