Gmail or google mail is one of the free email services which supports IMAP feature. It’s enables you to send and receive emails from email client software such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook. In this post, i will share with you on how to set up gmail IMAP account in Mozilla Thunderbird version 3.1. Please make sure that the Mozilla Thunderbird has been installed on your computer.
1. Login to your Gmail account. Go to Mail Setting and then click “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”. Click the Enable IMAP radio button, and save the changes.
2. Open your Mozilla Thunderbird, click tools and then Account Setting.
3. On the Account Setting, click Add Mail Account…
4. Please fill in the Mail Account Setup and click Continue.
5. Now verify the Mail Account Setting and click Create Account to continue.
6. On Account Settings, please verify the Account Info, Server Setting and Outgoing Server (SMTP) are configured correctly
7. Now, enjoy to use gmail in Mozilla Thunderbird.