WAMP SERVER(WampServer) is a great package for PHP developers or maybe students or maybe the newbie system administrators or webmasters. Generally, Wamp Server consist of Apache, MySQL and PHP. In this tutorial, i will guide you how to install the fresh wamp server.
1. Go to this url to download
2. Download the latest WampServer released. At the moment, the newest version was WampServer 2.1a [24/12/10]. It includes :
– Apache 2.2.17
– Php 5.3.3
– Mysql 5.1.53 (version 64 bits)
– Mysql 5.5.8 (version 32 bits)
– PhpMyadmin 220.127.116.11
– SQLBuddy 1.3.2
3. Please take note on this warning.
WARNING : do not try to install WampServer 2 over WAMP5. If WAMP5 is installed on your computer, save your data, uninstall it and delete the WAMP5 directory before installing WampServer 2.
4. In your windows workstation, double click the WampServer2.1e-x32 or WampServer2.1d-x64.exe
5. During the installation, it will prompt you to unblock the http server from windows firewall or not. Simply click unblock to allow the Apache running on your local pc.
6. To start the wamp server, click “Start All Services”.
7. To test your wamp server, please go to any browser, type url :
If the installation successful, it should return the “WAMPSERVER Homepage”