After completely installed the new WordPress blog, there are few more steps before you start blogging. You can extend the WordPress blog with the plugins that can be downloaded from wordpress plugin directory. To make your life easier, i would like to recommend you the most popular wordpress plugin that i ever used.
Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not.
2. Google XML Sitemap Generator
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines to better index your blog.
3. All in One SEO Pack
Automatically optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
4. WordPress Related Posts
This WordPress plugin provides multiple options to show the via tags related posts of a post (for example via a sidebar widget).
5. AskApache Search Engine Verify
This plugin Adds Site Authorization meta tags to your home page, to allow search engines to authoritate your ownership.
6. Add to Any
Help people share, bookmark, and email your posts & pages using any service, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, Digg and many more.
On-demand backup of your WordPress database.
8. WordPress.com Stats
You can have simple, concise stats with no additional load on your server by plugging into WordPress.com’s stat system.
9. Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup.
10. WP Security Scan
Scans your WordPress installation for security vulnerabilities.
When you start Windows Internet Explorer 7, your home page does not open. Instead, a blank Web page is displayed. This problem typically occurs after you install Internet Explorer 7, after you install Windows, or after you reset Internet Explorer settings. This problem may occur only for certain users.
To resolve this problem, create and run a Skiprunonce.reg file for each user account that experiences the problem. If you would rather modify the registry directly, see the “Advanced users” section.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Start a text editor, such as Notepad.
- Copy the following information, paste it into the text editor, and then save the file as Skiprunonce.reg:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] "RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001 "RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001
- Exit the text editor.
- Double-click the Skiprunonce.reg file that you created in step 2.When you run the Skiprunonce.reg file, you will receive the following message:
Are you sure you want to add the information in path of .reg file to the registry?
Click Yes. Then you will receive the following message:Information in path of .reg file has been successfully entered into the registry.
- In Windows Vista, when non-administrator users try to run SkipRunOnce.reg they are prompted for an administrator password.
- To run SkipRunOnce.reg for all users at the same time, modify SkipRunOnce.reg by replacing [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] with [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] and then running it as an administrator.