Unable to read CDs or DVDs and DVD/CD-ROM drive also did not show up on My Computer.
-Right Click on Device Manager
-Select DVD/CD-ROM drives
-Select the missing DVD/CD-ROM and should has a yellow exclamation mark
-Return device status with below error:
“Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)”
1. Close all open programs
2. Go to Start menu search box then click run and enter. Type regedit to Open Windows Registry Editor.
3. Navigate on following key
4. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
UpperFilters LowerFilters UpperFilters.bak LowerFilters.bak
5. If any of those keys shown above are listed, right-click the just delete.
6. After deleting the keys, close your Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Important Note : It is advisable to take a back up of the registry before do any manual changes to Windows registry. Read How to Backup Registry in Windows