VMware Tools is a group of utilities that enhances the overall performance of the virtual machine’s guest operating system (OS) and improves management of the virtual machine (VM). This is one of important components in order to provide perfect VM OS. Without the VMware Tools, guest OS performance will lacks some of the important functionality. Please follow below steps to install the VMware Tools in Linux VM:
1) Right click on the VM, goto Guest, Install/Upgrade VMware tools.
2) That will mount a CDROM on the VM Guest with the VMwareTools*.tar..gz
3) Copy VMwareTools*.tar.gz to /tmp
4) cd /tmp
5) tar zxfv VMwareTools*.tar.gz
6) cd vmware-tools-distrib
7) ./vmware-install.pl –default
This steps will install the VMware tools for you.