Proftpd is one of the most popular FTP server, secure and reliable for the Linux operating system. Proftpd using a single configuration file and it is very easy to set up. The purpose of this article is to show you how easy it is to install FTP Server Linux ProFTPd server in CentOS 6 Linux.
What is FTP Server Linux?
FTP, which stands for File Transfer Protocol is a standard for exchanging program and data files across a network. The network could be the World Wide Web or simply a local area network (LAN).
1. Simply run this command to install FTP server linux, ProFTPd on CentOS 6 :
# yum install proftpd -y
2. How to start proftpd service :
# /etc/init.d/proftpd start
3. How to stop proftpd service :
# /etc/init.d/proftpd stop
4. How to restart proftpd service :
# /etc/init.d/proftpd restart
5. Configure proftpd start at boot :
[root@centos62 ~]# chkconfig proftpd on
If you encountered any issues while installing FTP Server Linux using proftpd, you can put a few questions in the comments below.