We can change the hostname of the linux operating system by using two basic methods which using the command line or graphical interface. As a reference, this article will describe how to change the hostname Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL 6) or CentOS 6. Please note that the server reboot is required for both options below.
1. Modify /etc/sysconfig/network
[root@localhost ~]# vi /etc/sysconfig/network
2. Edit to your preferred hostname :
3. Save and reboot your server.
1. Type the following command to enter GUI mode.
[root@localhost ~]# system-config-network
2. Go to “DNS Configuration”.
3. Modify your preferred hostname and click OK.
4. Click ” Save & Quit”.
5.Reboot your server.